Blueberries at Finnriver Farm
We grow two acres of organic blueberries in the rich valley-bottom soils of the Chimacum Valley. These berries are much beloved for their size, sweetness and general tastiness! We sell our berries primarily at local farmers markets and local stores like the PT Food Coop and Chimacum Corner Farmstand.
Each season is different in the berry field, depending on the elements. If the berry season is abundant, then we can occasionally open for public picking by special announcement. However most years we are not able to open to the public for general picking and we limit picking to members of our Berry Club. To join the Berry Club, you pay a membership fee of $30 by June 30th. Once you gain membership in the Berry Club, we will notify you by email of open U-Pick hours weekly. Berry Club Members still pay for the berries picked, but at a special Club price: $3 per pound.
If you prefer to purchase flats of berries you can order them by emailing Janet at: email@example.com
or find them at the following locations all summer long: Chimacum Corner Farmstand, PT Co-op, Nordland General Store, PT and Chimacum Farmers Markets. We are also working on having frozen berries available for purchase in case you run out mid-winter!
How to Join the Club:
Visit us at the Farmers Market Saturdays in PT or Sundays at Chimacum (starting June 5th) or mail a check for $30 to:
Attn. Berry Collective
62 Barn Swallow Road
Chimacum, WA 98325.
During the berry season, we respectfully request that you do not call us about blueberry picking. If we have sufficient berries to open for public picking, we will post dates on the Calendar link here or on our Facebook page. Note that Finnriver Farm & Finnriver Cidery now operate at two locations, one for the farm and berries, and one for the cidery tasting room and cider garden. The berry field is located at the 'home farm' at 62 Barn Swallow, but is not open to the public unless posted for special u-pick days.
We kindly ask you to keep the following in mind:
• Organic blueberries prices are posted each season and blueberries are our only u-pick fruit. We ask that you pick a minimum of $10 in berries.
• We cannot guarantee sweetness, abundance or availability. If some days get too busy, we may need to shut down the picking to preserve the field.
• Some rows will be roped off for market picking and not open to the public. Please respect this and do not complain...the berries are for joy only!
• You will pick in our buckets, but do bring containers to carry berries home.
• Please keep your kids close and ensure they are very gentle on the bushes.
• No smoking or dogs on the land. Humans of all ages welcome.