Weddings at Finnriver Farm & Cidery
Finnriver is a 50 acre organic farm, orchard and artisan cidery that is open to the public 7 days a week year-round. We seek to help people reconnect to the land that sustains us. We host weddings up to 100 people for couples who have a strong connection to the farm and a commitment to caring for this land. Although we can designate certain spaces for wedding groups, couples considering Finnriver must also be willing to share the farm with the visiting public and be aware of our pre-scheduled public events.
All weddings at Finnriver are currently coordinated by local wedding planner Tanya Rublaitus of PT Weddings & Events. Tanya has lived in Port Townsend for 20 years and has strong connections to many wonderful wedding vendors. Having worked as a high school business teacher for 23 years, she can handle even the most challenging of events with grace, poise, and competence. Tanya is professionally trained through the Association of Certified Professional Wedding Consultants (ACPWC.) You can learn more about her at: http://ptweddingsandevents.com
Weddings at Finnriver are coordinated by Tanya, and with her assistance couples then contract with Finnriver as their venue, with Kitsap Event Rentals for the ceremony/reception furniture and tent, with Northwest Event Rentals for glassware/flatware, and with other vendors as needed. Ceremonies may be held outdoors at our rustic ‘Orchard Arbor’ and receptions in an event tent adjacent to the historic Farmhouse. The Farmhouse, a co-working office and event space, is available for staging weddings with a home kitchen, two bathrooms and the ‘library’ dressing room. Here are some of the accoutrements available for weddings:
- Rustic arbor provided by Finnriver, located in the Orchard
- White wood/resin folding chairs set up cathedral style for each guest
- Two columns for bouquets, decor, etc.
- Two flower baskets
- State of the art & rain resistant (or sun relief) white tent with a European structured look to make every guest feel like a part of the event
- Elegant leg drapes covering each support pole
- Two 8' banquet tables with white linens for the wedding party
- One 60" round table with white linen for gifts
- One 48" round table with white linen for wedding cake
- One 48" round table with white linen for guestbook, etc.
- Three 6' banquet tables with white table linens for the buffet line, bar and any miscellaneous needs
- Four 13' and one 17' white table skirt to use as appropriate
- 60" round guest tables with white linens for the elegant and intimate dinner experience
- White wood/resin chairs with padded seats
- Napkins can be selected in any color; we offer 21 different patterns to choose from
- Ambient lighting for entire perimeter (extension cords Included)
- Side walls can be substituted for leg drapes on up to two sides of your tent, at no additional cost. Note: side walls are subject to inventory on hand.
Dance Floor option:
- State of the art & rain resistant (or sun relief) 20' x 20' white tent
- Elegant leg drapes covering each support pole
- 15' x 15' fully assembled dance floor
- Ambient lighting throughout the entire perimeter (extension cords Included)
Note: The possibility for Live Music is dependent on pre-scheduled events at Finnriver.
Packages generally include use of the Farmhouse first floor (restroom, dressing area, and kitchen) from Friday at 3pm to Sunday at 3 pm.
The Finnriver wedding 'package' does NOT include flowers, catering or photographer but we have access to many wonderful local vendors who provide these services. For catering, we strongly encourage the use of local food and environmentally-friendly supplies.
The basic costs for a wedding at Finnriver are the site fee and coordination. Beyond that, there are different costs for the tents, furnshishings, flatware, as well as various vendors for flowers, photography etc.--all depending on the package and services you choose.
Finnriver Wedding Site Fee: $2,000
Cordination with PT Weddings & Events: $1,250
Contact Tanya to learn more about the options and for estmated costs at: email@example.com
**Finnriver offers a 15% discount on our cider and wine for wedding parties— available as kegs or in bottles. Additional alcohol provided by PT Brewing for local beer.
- 6-bottle case of Finnriver Artisan ‘Champagne’ Cider: $117.00 +tax
- Finnriver 1/6th barrel keg (approx. 640 ounces, so 64 ten-ounce glass pours): Range from $100-$125 depending on cider variety
GROUP EVENT INSURANCE
Finnriver requires your group to provide a certificate of liability insurance that holds ‘Center Valley Orchards’ and ‘Finnriver North’ harmless OR or you must purchase group insurance. One source for event insurance is: eventhelper.com.
FINNRIVER FARM SAFETY & LAND USE CONSIDERATIONS
Thank you for considering getting married at Finnriver! We’re glad to grow community here and to welcome guests to our working farm. We are big fans of LOVE and are honored to host weddings. Please help us care for the land, the animals and the people who visit by sharing these safety considerations with member of your party.
- We keep bees on the farm, for pollination and honey. If you are allergic to bee stings, bring appropriate medications with you and proceed with caution.
- Farm animals are not pets! Please do not feed or touch any farm animals. Keep a safe distance from all animals, including farm dogs. Do not enter fenced animal areas.
- Animal fences are generally electrified. Do not touch electric fences.
- Tractors are not play equipment! Keep a safe distance from all farm equipment and machinery and do not allow children to climb any equipment or farm structures. Look out for machinery on the move.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied at all times on the farm by a responsible adult.
- Chimacum Creek is a salmon stream, currently undergoing re-forestation and restoration. Please do not climb on creek banks or enter the creekside restoration area.
- Our fields are for growing food; we ask you to remain on obvious pathways and not to walk into fields or orchard rows. Do not pick any food or flowers from the fields.
- The orchard and fields ‘close’ to the public at dusk. Please do not roam after dark.
- Please use appropriate designated restrooms and trash/compost receptacles for all waste.
- No fires should be lit anywhere on the land.
- Remember, this is a working farm and so the ground may be lumpy and bumpy. Please wear appropriate shoes and watch your step.
- No visiting dogs are allowed in the cider garden or on the farm. We do have an on-leash dog walking area next to the parking area.
- There is a NO SMOKING policy at Finnriver property. If you have guests who must smoke, please advise them to smoke in or near their cars and fully extinguish butts. Due to potential tobacco virus contamination of our organic crops, no cigarette butts should be left on the land.