"Surely the earth can be saved by all the people who insist on love"
A Venue For Retreats, Group Activities & Rustic Celebrations
Our mission at Finnriver is to nourish deep-rooted & fruitful connections among people and the land that sustains us. We are glad to welcome groups that seek an authentic rural setting for their events, retreats or celebrations. Finnriver can host groups ranging from 10-300 people and we have a menu of group activity options listed below. Contact James Robinson for information & rates: 360-732-4337 or email@example.com
Pleaese note that while we love animals and keep chickens, sheep, a farm dog and other critters here, we cannot allow visiting pets on the land. The farm is also smoke-free.
This is a working farm, with heaps of rural charm and beauty, and group events here are best suited for folks willing to wear farm boots, talk to chickens and sit on wooden benches!
To learn more about our events, you can read on below or view/download the following documents:
GROUP ACTIVITY OPTIONS
Groups of under 10 people are always welcome to come visit the farm, walk the self-guided path around the land and do a cider and wine tasting in the Cider Shed ($5 per person).
For groups of 10 or more, please make an advance reservation for one of the options offered below:
If your group of ten or more wants to simply gather on the farm, enjoy the rural setting and drink cider, we will either reserve the 'Trough Table' for you or provide a tent with tables and chairs and a tub of chilled cider and glasses. Space rental rates vary according to the nature of the event. You can purchase and drink your cider by the bottle, with a 10% discount for all group cider/wine purchases.
GUIDED CIDER TASTING:
For your group of ten or more, we offer an educational and entertaining guided cider and wine tasting for $10/person. Tastings last approx. one hour, with an array of 5 ciders and several of our spirited dessert wines; includes crackers, local jelly & a small treat.
- Self-Guided Orchard Walk: The Finnriver Orchard is a 50 acre historic former dairy farm that we are now farming organically, in collaboration with many other organizations and partners. Walk the trail through the farm through organic seed research, grain variety trials, stream restoration, our organic apple orchards and more.
- The Man Who Thought He Was A Bee ~ Johnny Appleseed Tours: Explore Finnriver's organic orhcard with actor Kenn Mann on a 60 minute walking tour that is equal parts peformance and presentation, wiht a bushel of humor thrown in. Disover the lore of apples, the science of fermentation and the man behind the legend of Johnny Appleseed. The tour takes you through fields and orhcards so wear your walking shoes! Public tours will run Saturday afternoons in June, July and August. Private group tours may also be available throughout the week. For booking or more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
NON PROFIT GROUPS:
We want to make Finnriver a great resource for non-profit organizations seeking a location for board retreats, fundraising soirees, community events and more. Non-profits receive disounted rates on use of the facility, as well as significant discounts on cider.
BACHELOR & BACHERLOTTE ACTIVITIES:
Doing a private wine & cider tasting at Finnriver can be a unique rustic bachelor or bachelorette activity!
PARTNER & ACCOUNT GROUPS
If your group represents a market, restaurant or pub that carries Finnriver products, we would like to welcome you here and would be delighted to roll out the green carpet for you. Contact us at: email@example.com to book a complementary tour or private tasting.
WOODFIRE PIZZA OVEN
The Finnriver Cider Garden includes a custom-built woodfire pizza oven, which may available for catered events through Dented Buoy Woodfire Pizza bakers. This artisan pizza is exceptionally tasty, with rustic gourmet toppings, thin, crispy crust and local, farm-sourced ingredients. Gluten Free pizza options as well. You can email here to discuss pizza options and pricing: firstname.lastname@example.org
We ask groups hosting meals on the farm to source available produce and beverages from Finnriver and other local farms. There are a handful of local caterers who know our farm well and are available for custom food parties:
- Aimee's Catering
- In Season Catering, including Cape Cleare Salmon Cart
- Brassica Restuarant~Culitvated Palette Catering
- Dream City Catering
RESOURCES FOR EVENTS
The Port Townsend Leader offers this event planning Resource Guide, listing local musicians, florists, photographers and more.
For professional wedding planning, we suggest Karle Coppenrath of Weddings By Design. She can be contacted at 360-385-616 or email@example.com.
For rentals of party gear such as chairs, tables and more, the following local providers:
Here are some considerations we kindly ask you to keep in mind for your safety and enjoyment:
- There is NO SMOKING on the farm; no exceptions.
- No visiting dogs or other animals (certified guide animals are welcome).
- Please keep a safe distance from all farm animals; no touching critters!
- Do not touch or climb fences, which may be electric or unstable.
- We do keep bees on the farm so be aware of allergic guests.
- Please keep a safe distance from all farm equipment and machinery.
- Children must be accompanied at all times around the farm.
- Chimacum Creek meanders through the farm; be sensitive to plants & wildlife in the creek restoration area.
- Remember, this is a working farm and the ground may be lumpy. Please watch your step.