A Venue For Rustic Celebrations
Finnriver is a 33 acre organic family farm where we grow good food and operate an artisan cidery. We are in earnest pursuit of sustainable agriculture, craft fermentation and community vitality. Come enjoy a taste of life on the land!
Our mission here is to nourish deep-rooted & fruitful connections among people and the land and we are glad to welcome groups that seek an authentic rural setting for their retreats or celebrations.
This is a working farm, with rural charm, but not a manicured event destination. Farm events here are best suited for folks willing to wear boots, talk to chickens and sit on hay bales!
Finnriver can host groups ranging from 1-100 and we can work with you to create an experience that offers a marvelous, memorable rustic adventure.
Contact Crystie for information, rates & event inspiration.
360-732-4337 or firstname.lastname@example.org
RETREAT & EVENT RENTALS
The Finnriver 22 x 40 outdoor event pavilion is available for rent by groups and private parties. It can seat 100 individuals in rows of chairs, or up to 60 people at 8 foot tables. Below the pavilion is an open half acre 'meadow,' available for ceremonies or other group gatherings. Acoustic music is allowed for events (amplified music must be negotiated) and we can refer you to local music-makers (see resources link below).
Rates for rental of the pavilion vary but the basic rate is $100 per hour. Additional fees are negotiated depending on the size and purpose of the group.
Non-profit organizations may use the pavilion free of charge, depending on availability.
GROUP ACTIVITY OPTIONS
Groups of under 10 people are always welcome to come visit the farm, bring a picnic, walk the self-guiding path around the land and do a standard cider and wine tasting for $5 per person.
For groups of 10 or more, please make an advance reservation in order to be sure you get superb service when you come. For groups interested in a private tour or other tailored activities, we can offer the following customized options. These prices are all adaptable, depending on your group goals. Feel free to suggest variations on any of these activities and we can work together to create the right farm experience for you.
- Group farm walk around the land, $50
- Group cidery production tour, $50
- Group farmwork project, $200
- Culinary cider tasting with local cheese/bread/chocolate pairings, approx. $15 per person
- Message in a Bottle activity, $50 per group up to 10 ($5 each additional)
- Finnriver tasting room discount for scheduled groups, 15% off all bottle purchases
If your group represents a market, restaurant or pub that carries Finnriver products, please ask us about our "partner options."
WOODFIRE PIZZA OVEN
The Finnriver event pavilion includes a custom-built woodfire pizza oven, which is available for events through Dented Buoy Woodfire Pizza bakers. There is a minimum $650 per event cost to fire the oven, which includes the first 50 pizzas. Additional pizzas are $10 each. Gluten Free pies are available for $15 each and we do have dessert pies for $15 each as well. Gluten Free pizzas must be pre-ordered. This truly artisan pizza is exceptionally tastey, with thin, crispy crust and local, farm-sourced ingredients.
We ask groups hosting meals on the farm to source available produce and beverages from Finnriver and other local farms. There are a handful of local caterers who know our farm well and are available for custom food parties:
- Aimee's Catering
- In Season Catering, including Cape Cleare Salmon Cart
- Brassica Restuarant~Culitvated Palette Catering
- Dream City Catering
RESOURCES FOR EVENTS
The Port Townsend Leader offers this event planning Resource Guide, listing local musicians, florists, photographers and more.
For professional wedding planning, we suggest Karle Coppenrath of Weddings By Design. She can be contacted at 360-385-616 or email@example.com.
For rentals of party gear such as chairs, tables and more, the following local providers:
Here are some considerations we kindly ask you to keep in mind for your safety and enjoyment:
- There is NO SMOKING on the farm; no exceptions.
- No visiting dogs or other animals (certified guide animals are welcome).
- Please keep a safe distance from all farm animals; no touching critters!
- Do not touch or climb fences, which may be electric or unstable.
- We do keep bees on the farm so be aware of allergic guests.
- Please keep a safe distance from all farm equipment and machinery.
- Children must be accompanied at all times around the farm.
- We have several neighbors whose homes are connected to the farm. Please respect their personal property and space.
- Chimacum Creek meanders through the farm; be sensitive to plants & wildlife in the creek restoration area.
- Remember, this is a working farm and the ground may be lumpy. Please watch your step.